Good afternoon, readers! I'll be coming back later an announcement, but here are my picks for $25 and under gifts. Easy on the pocket, but oh-so lovely!
1. Let's Fall in Love - 8 x 10 Art Print ($25), 2. Brilliant Bookworm Necklace ($15.99), 3. Claw Bottle Opener ($24), 4. Chic Silhouette Pin ($16.99), 5. Voluspa Soleil 3 wick tin ($20), 6. Pink Fruit Mug ($22), 7. 2013 Stitch the Stars Calendar Kit ($24), 8. Reclaimed Wood Key Hook ($24), and 9. Cloud Brooch ($18)
Sometimes the most important person in your life can be the hardest to shop for. Here are my picks for mom, all pretty, unique, and feminine.
1. L'Aromarine Vanille ($28), 2. Beauty Garland Necklace ($18), 3. Paint Box Votive Holder, Warm ($68), 4. Butterfly Pillow II ($82), 5. Porcelain Pinecone Ornament ($14), 6. Black Heart Bowl ($18), 6. Orla Kiely Garden Trowel ($31), 7. Mom Tattoo Heart Pillow ($50)
So happy to see that lovely Portland artist Amy Nieto printed off her Constellations of the Northern Hemisphere Wall Calendar for 2013. I bought one last December and have admired it all year long. Plus today only, it's 20% off, as well as everything else in her shop- just use the code "YAYHOLIDAYS" at checkout. (See also: Amy's website)
This week I am quite thankful for the Pacific Northwest, the place I call home. Today I will be heading off to explore more of it, because really, isn't it gorgeous? Happy Thanksgiving, lovely readers! Hope you enjoy it greatly.
Sources (from top to bottom): Abby Powell, Whitney Johnson, clumsy bird, Parker Fitzgerald, Ann McGarry, Bree Walk, Nicolle Gonzalez, Mrs. French, Nick Boren, and Dave Tuttle.
Summer has asked me once again to contribute my ideas for excellent gifts for guys. This selection takes some of the softer edges off the other gift guides, while still exhibiting a sense of taste and fun. I'm sure any guy would be delighted to find one of these items under the tree on Christmas morning. -C.W.
1. Antiqued Black & White Compass ($24), 2. Tentacle Candlestick Holder - Silver ($75), 3. Standard Issue Civilian Blazer ($248), 4. The Gentleman's Guide To Cocktails By Alfred Tong & Jack Hughes ($17.95), 5. toddland Lazer Bears Wallet ($24), 6. Saddle Pouch ($145), 7. Repp Stripe Thermos ($35), and 8. Slumberhouse Cologne- Norne ($115)
We all known one (or more): this year get 'em something that'll make them smile and hug their kitty hard.
1. Cat Pattern Journal with Lined Pages ($13), 2. sad kitty gocco screen print ($15), 3. Black Embroidered Cat Round Neck Loose Sweater ($30.65), 4. Keeping Tabbies Necklace ($34.99), 5. Chemistry Cat Mousepad ($15), and 6. dreamcats 2013 calendar, gold ($30)
Happy Monday! And so it begins, gift guide season! Here is the first one, dedicated to the female best friends, which will be followed by many, many more over the next month. (Got something you want to be included or an idea for one that you'd like to see? Shoot me an email.)
1. Knitted Jumping Bunny Jumper ($80), 2. Crystal point earrings ($20), 3. Wooden Gold Geode Ornament ($28), 4. Printed Phone Case ($18.50), 5. Ceramic Bambi Planter ($45), 6. Amore Weathered Frame, Rectangle ($32), and 7. Fresh Bloom Headband ($12.99)
- A bunch of really pretty and well-designed desktop wallpapers.
- Loving this Thanksgiving DIY project.
- A 1950s technicolor-inspired weddding.
- This parchment paper is so awesome, plus a pie crust recipe.
- Perfect Autumn style. Kaylah always kills it.
- Artful nails.
- These bars just sound too delicious. Definitely a must-bake.
- A stunning way to style wedding hair.
- Let's make some huge letters.
- This Milk Magazine photoshoot is flawless.
- Make your own toys this holiday season.
- Oh, how I adore Kate's new collection.
- Her Swedish country house always make me envious. So cozy.
- Hahaha: Wed Anderson's Star Wars.
- You know it, I love cat stuff.
- Right on time, 7 secrets to the juiciest Thanksgiving turkey.
- I may be dreaming of owning this blazer.
- Ten DIY advent calendars.
- Redesign your bookshelf using old family photos.
- Yum yum: apple cake with cinnamon sugar.
Just some lovely and ever-so stylin' kid's rooms for your Wednesday evening. Aren't they sweet?
Sources (from top to bottom): Family Living, 16 House, Mr Perswall, Mokkasin, BY FRYD, Houzz, Kireei, A Merry Mishap, Anna Weinreich, and Family Living.
It's getting colder and rainier, which means much more time indoors, being productive. There are plenty of projects I'd like to get done, especially with the holidays coming up (I'm all for handmade gifts.) Let's get crafting!
Sources/projects (from top to bottom): Mini Marquee Sign With Lights from Oh Happy Day, DIY Polaroid Necklace from Dotcomsformoms, Pretty Lace Flower Pots from A Beautiful Mess, Camera Straps from Design Love Fest, DIY Painted Votives from Once Wed, Fishtail Braided Anchor Bracelet from swellmayde, Colour-Blocked Coasters, Mini Tassel Garland from La La Lovely, Desk Fan/Heater from instructables, and Gold Leaf Paper Mache Bowls from Kelli Murray.
Just some shiny, glittery pieces that have caught my eye. The holiday season is all about the sparkles, I tell you.
1. Dance Sequence Dress ((124.99), 2. Glitter Salad Serving Set, 3. 16" Glitter Marquee Letter LED Night light ($52.25), 4. PENTONVILLE COLLAR (£40), 5. Minimalist Sparkly Feather Earrings in Navy Blue Dipped in Gold Metallic Glitter ($18.30), 6. Giant Dwarf // Starlette Sparkler // Confetti ($18), and 7. GLITTER POTS IN PEACOCK BY LOUISE GRAY ($16)